10.08.2009

Twins follow me to a Shining new place

Have you ever left something somewhere and then it shows up somewhere else where you have never been? How did it get there? You couldn’t have put it there. In horror movies this would often be the case with a possessed doll.

The inattentive mother could have sworn that little Sally’s doll was in the closet where she stuffed it. How then does it suddenly appear seated in the back of her car! Its beady eyes glare at her through the center rear-view mirror. Before we know it, the doll is creeping on two plastic legs and strangling the mother from behind until the car runs off the road and crashes into a tree. Mother is unconscious, but plastic is pliable.

I’ve only just arrived in New York, but somehow I’ve been followed…

Like the little boy in The Shining, I take a moment to enjoy my new surroundings. My wheels are finally turning. I round the corner and get stopped in my tracks. Twins! Ahhh!

My hometown Minnesota Twins are in New York playing the Yankees for the American League Division Series.  For me, it’s a little taste of the old mixed with the new. I’m not a Yankees fan yet, but I’ll probably always have a soft spot for the Twins. Just not the kind that wear dresses and want to stab me in my soft spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment